G4G is a 12 week programme incorporating coaching sessions with fun non-competitive blitzes aimed at increasing participation in Ladies Gaelic Football.
The programme targets girls aged between 8-12 years who are not currently registered with a Ladies Gaelic Football club. In essence, this is a tool to attract new players.
What are the aims of the Gaelic4Girls Programme?
- To increase the numbers of girls playing Ladies Gaelic football in a club.
- To provide a fun, 12 week programme of Ladies Gaelic Football activities to attract girls aged 8-12 to the club.
- To support a club in increasing their number of players, and integrate those new players into existing teams.
- To develop athletic and social skills for girls in a safe and nurturing environment.
What are the benefits of running Gaelic4Girls in your Club?
- Participation levels will be increased.
- Free training will be provided to the Coaches and Co-ordinator in your Club.
- Resources will be provided to your Club to market and advertise the Programme.
- There is the potential for your Club to become a more vibrant, active part of your local community through enhanced participation.